Legal translation services
Patents, contracts and other legal documents must be written correctly and precisely in order to protect businesses and their customers. When such documents are translated into another language, getting the wording exactly right becomes even more important. One incorrect word or sentence may change the meaning of an entire document and result in a multitude of legal problems.
If you transact business with partners, clients or affiliates in foreign countries, you will want the expertise, accuracy and quality checks that Teck Language Solutions can provide.
Get a free quote for your legal translation project
If you have a legal text that need to be translated, turn to us with confidence. Our quotes are free and non-binding.
Our Legal Translation Services
Our translation office provides your company or law firm with legal translations in many different subject fields. If you need contracts, general terms, patents, law excerpts or certificates translated into or from European and American languages, you can rely on us to do the job. Why?
- For legal texts, we work with specially trained translators or legal experts who have the competence and experience to do the job at the level you would expect. Our legal translators also have legal backgrounds.
- We adhere strictly to the deadlines discussed with you in advance. This allows you to factor translations into your workflow and eliminates the risk of missing important court or legal process deadlines.
- We handle all documents with special care and strict confidentiality. We have many satisfied clients, including law offices around the world, who always come back to us for translation services.
Do not take chances with the translation of important legal papers. Teck Language Solutions are experts in the field of legal translation - please contact us for a free quote for your legal translation project.
Legal Documents We Can Translate for You
We can provide you with professional legal translations of the following documents and scripts:
- Articles of Incorporation
- Employee Handbook
- Articles of Organization
- Partnership Agreement
- Farm Lease
- Franchise Agreement
- Joint Venture Agreement
- Affiliate Agreement
- Shareholder Agreement
- Vehicle Lease Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Power of Attorney
- Business Sale Agreement
- Marketing Agreement
- Sale of Goods Agreement
- Meeting Minutes
- Commercial Lease Agreement
- Terms and Conditions for a Website
- Refund Policy documents, and more
- Permission to Work Form for Minors
- Advance Healthcare Directive - Living Will
- Eviction Notice
- Court Documents, Filings
- Last Will and Testament
- Residential Lease Agreement
- Living Trust Agreement
- Divorce Agreement
- Prenuptial Agreement
- Child Custody Agreement
- Airline Complaint Letter
- Immigration Papers
- Short-Term Lease Agreement
- Rental of Goods Agreement
- Child Support Agreement
- Non-Profit Bylaws
- Sublease Agreement
- Child Care Service Agreement
- Roommate Agreement
- DJ Agreement
- Online Membership Agreement
- Notice of Lease Violation
- Complaints, and more
Certifications are also possible. In the case of legal translations, we can also deliver all EU and world languages. Please contact us if you need to have any legal papers translated between major language pairs or if you have any further questions about our services.
Translators with Legal Backgrounds
An essential feature when ordering legal translations from us
In the case of legal translations, quality management begins with hand-picking the most suitable translators with legal experience for your project.
It is very important to emphasize that we do not use automated project assignment and do not choose our translators on a "first-come-first-served" basis which, unfortunately, is becoming more and more popular these days. The professionals working with your texts are chosen after thoughtful consideration and analysis of the translator's abilities and experience. Some of our legal translators have worked for law firms over many years, for example, as foreign language correspondents, as part of which they obtained in-depth knowledge of the specific use of language in legal documents. For us, it is an extremely important element of our quality management to choose only translators with legal experience for your legal translation project. Ultimately, it is not sufficient for the translators simply to understand both languages, they also have to understand the content of your documents in order for them to convey the message competently into a different language.
We are your reliable translators for legal papers. Please feel free to contact us with your inquiries any time.
Translation of Legal Terms
Uniformity and deviations in the case of legal translations
If you conduct business internationally, you will certainly be aware that different countries can have very different legal systems in which similar or even identical concepts can be referred to differently depending on the region / language area. Just think of the thousands of deviations between British and US legislation. These differences also exist in other countries. When discussing legal translations, it is always important to clarify the geographic context, i.e. which country the translation is for, or where it has come from. This is an essential factor in using the correct terms and phrases. One excellent example of this is the German translation of "commercial register". If you are in Germany, they call it "Handelsregister". If you conduct business with Austria, they use the term "Firmenbuch". In Liechtenstein, another German-speaking country, the same concept would be referred to as "Öffentlichkeitsregister". As you see, the key to a correct legal translation is knowing the local characteristics of the given legal systems.
The translators working for us have extensive knowledge about the legal systems in your target market. With this feature, you can be sure that your translation will not only be linguistically correct but also correct in its use of legal terms.
Important to know
Will your legal translation be valid/legally binding abroad?
One basic characteristic of legal translation is its informative nature. If you want to know what a contract written in a foreign language says, or if you want foreign partners to understand the content of your English contract, a great way to eliminate the barriers to understanding is to have the legal documentation translated. However, this does not alter the fact that your contract or the foreign contract was set up according to the jurisdiction of a certain country. Just because the document has been translated into a foreign language, does not make it compliant with the legal system of another country. If you need a contract that is legally valid and thereby binding in a foreign country, you need to contact an attorney who will draft a corresponding version for you. If you would like to inform foreign partners about the details of your cooperation, for example, a professional legal translation will do the job.
With this in mind, here are some situations in which a legal translation might be helpful:
- your company employs foreign workers who may or may not speak English well but whose English knowledge is not sufficient to understand every detail of a complicated contract. In order to convey the message for them, legal translation of your contracts will be very useful.
- you have buyers abroad and would like to inform them about your sales terms. To avoid misunderstandings, you can have your general terms and conditions translated into their language.
- you have an ongoing legal case abroad and you want to fully understand the correspondence and / or rulings. You can order legal translations from the relevant foreign language to English.
- you have a site in the US or in another English-speaking country, where foreign truck drivers often deliver products, materials, parts, etc. Your site is a hazardous area where special regulations must be observed. In order for the carrier personnel to fully understand your regulations, it is helpful to have them translated into the language of the drivers or to create a multi-language version of the safety regulations at your site.
In order to avoid any misunderstanding with foreign partners, customers or employees, it is highly recommended that a clause is added to your contracts or terms stating the jurisdiction which applies (US law, British law, Canadian law, maybe even stating the jurisdiction of a court in your county) and what language version of the contract is binding in case of legal disputes.
If you need further consultation or simply a quote for your legal translation project, please contact us for further details. Quotes are free, fast and non-binding. We deliver linguistically high-end legal translations, prepared by expert translators. We look forward to your inquiries.